Incident & Accident Investigation
Date: 11th – 12th February 2019
Venue: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Delegates are required to bring a laptop
- A copy of company Safety Management System
MAIN LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND KEY BENEFITS:
- Ensure the benefit of a quality investigation within your company
- Determine how to develop and implement an incident and accident investigation program
- Realize the benefit to arriving at the root cause of an accident in a professional manner
- Demonstrate the need for a quality accident program
- Understand and develop the who, what, when, where and why of an investigation
- Develop best practices to deliver a quality investigation report for the benefit of your company, fellow workers and community
- Learn how, what and to whom you advise about the investigation results
- Master the investigation process, procedure and the tools required to properly close out the recommendations
- Assess the demand and pressure of your company to deliver a quality incident investigation program
- Explore how a quality investigation can enhance your prospects and improve your business
- Understand how to position yourself as an HSE leader and thinker in your industry
When conducting an incident or accident investigation in the workplace, it is advisable to have more than one person depending on the severity of the incident and the complexity of the evidence. An investigation consists of reviewing documentation, interviewing witnesses, obtaining and holding any physical evidence and taking photographs of the accident site. It may also be required to verify any information by conducting a site inspection.
This interactive training session will allow the participant to conduct an independent investigation in a professional manner and issue recommendations to address the root causes. Candidates will understand and perform their investigation with a mind-set of impartiality and fact gathering, completing the report and determining necessary corrective actions. This course is designed for workers who perform investigations or have the responsibility and accountability to ensure a comprehensive investigation is carried out and is designed for an uncomplicated approach to allow the busy supervisor to understand the concerns and to assist management to implement the strategies and changes to mitigate any further unplanned events.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This interactive course is designed for company workers, supervisors and management who will have the authority, responsibility and accountability for carrying out, or overseeing an accident investigation within their company. The content was developed for the oil and gas industry as well as the industrial or manufacturing workplace globally.
Such responsibilities can be relevant to a wide range of job roles and responsibilities such as:
- Operations & Maintenance
- HSE Advisors, Supervisors and Managers
- Risk Managers
- Safety Compliance Personnel
- Assistant Drillers
- Tool Pushers
- Company Men
- Office Personnel
- And any other Professionals who see Incident and Accident Investigation as relevant to their duty and responsibility within the company
For more information on the above program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with name of event, dates & location. Thank you!