5-Day Fundamentals in Welding Procedures for Boilers, Pressure Vessels, Pipelines and Tankers
Date: 22nd - 26th April 2018
Venue: Bangkok, Thailand
MAIN LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND KEY BENEFITS
- Capitalise on ASME section IX-2015 including advanced notions
- Compare the interrelation of ASME section IX-2015 with other design codes
- Analyse the material properties such as impact test requirements
- Acquire knowledge on additional requirements not covered in ASME section IX-2015
- Gain insights on the differences between the welding applied to fabrication and its repairs, and the related specific codes
- Draft an effective WPS and PQR and perform practical exercises for a better learning outcome
- Document the procedures of a WPQ for a welder’s qualification
- Interact with the trainer and share past experiences in welding fabrication and repairs
- Build a welding procedure to meet the fabrication/repair specific job requirements
- Enquire about any specific instructions related to WPS via the Wh-questions
ASME section IX is the details the specifications of the ASME Boiler & Pressure vessel code (BPVC) which covers the welding procedures and welder qualifications.
This intensive course provides the knowledge and handling of welding under the ASME B&PV Section IX Code for welding. It imparts the information relating to Code items for welding, followed by examples that participants can learn from. At the end of the course, each participant will be able to prepare a WPS/PQR, and WPQ, in accordance with the Section IX Code for welding requirements. The trainer will also use the ASME committee interpretations where applicable for a better understanding of this code.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn from the trainer’s vast experience, and they are also encouraged to interact and share their own welding concerns and issues faced. The participants will be invited to submit some of the complexities that they faced in their organizations to the trainer for further discussion. They will also be given a chance to have a more confidential one-on-one consultation after the class ends.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
This course offers individuals that are involved in ASME, API, pressure vessel, pressure piping, tanks fabrication, inspection, design and welding supervision, an opportunity to explore and understand the ASME section IX-2015 welding codes, techniques and necessary procedures that will be helpful to your daily routine. This course is deemed useful as it covers a wide aspect of design codes and other specific welding requirements that are relevant to the petrochemical, refinery and oil and gas industries.
During the 5-day intensified workshop, participants will have the opportunity to perform hands-on exercises and discuss on advanced welding techniques and applications. Participants will be taken on a step-by-step approach starting from an overview of the welding procedures up until the advanced welding applications in pressure vessels, pipelines, boilers and tankers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is highly intended for:
- QC Manager
- And any other Professionals who are involved in welding fabrication, repair, inspection, supervision or management of pressure vessel, piping, tanks and other related fabrication aspects
For more information on the above program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with name of event, dates & location. Thank you!